Nordiska of Gothenburg, 1960's.
Designer: Ingrid Bjernefors Dahlman
Name: Tablett 7218
Original colour: Dark green with teal, blue, purple, white and orange linen threads.
Original size: 28 x 28 cm.
The last photos in this listing shows the original 1960's sample that we have saved in the archive, and the sizing of the contemporary print on a mid blue linen.
2021 special: Tablett 7218 depicting four sweet little hens wandering a linen square, first produced and sold in the early 1960's.
In our contemporary kit we have used a larger linen cloth to allow for more ideas on how to use it. You can make a larger table cloth, or make a cushion using the panel as a front. Tweed, vintage linen or denim all make great backings for these panels.
Included in this kit is:
- A mid blue coloured linen panel, 50 x 50 cm,
the design itself measures 29 x 29 cm as a square.
- 10 skeins of linen thread. The original kit had 9 colours, here we have included an extra lustrous orange linen skein from 1962. The green Nordiska hemstitch linen skein is also an original 1960's linen skein. Use three strands of this thread.
- Three chenille needles on a vintage paper cut.
- A full size copy of the original instructions.
- A stitch card showing the 24 common stitches Nordiska used in their kits, this card is an exact copy of their own chart.
For anyone who buys this kit, we'll include a free cotton tote bag with one of these hens printed, as long as stock lasts.
(We’ll remove this text if we run out of bags).
A limited offer, each kit has between 9 and 19 available prints only.